- I am not a personal development Guru (eeww) even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
- I do not enjoy ham sandwiches, or turkey sandwiches, or anything that is wrapped in bacon.
- I have no idea how to make the perfect mojito, although I really enjoy drinking them. Lots of them.
- And I think Monty Python is THE.BOMB. because every time I watch it, I end up either laughing my ass off or having amazing sex.
On the other hand (because I have two),
- I luuurve tea. And coffee. But mostly tea.
- I believe in hugs. But only if you’ve got strong enough boundaries to accept them.
- I believe Stripper’s ROCK. Because they do. And because they have magical stripper dust. Who else do you know that gets money thrown at them for gyrating? Exactly.
- I’m currently conducting an experiment in living sensually, happily, and as free from bullshit as possible. Aka FreSH.
- And SU is a place for me to figure out what I really want in life. A place to follow my desires from moment to moment. Which includes writing fiction and poetry. Knitting crazy monster toys. And shouting about NFL football at the top of my lungs.
Basically, I’m testing the hypothesis that I can use my true desires, like a compass, to get my life going in the direction I actually want it to go.
I know. I’m crazy. So far though, it’s fucking working. All because I broke a few meaningless cultural taboos and did some yoga. Pretty fucking cool, huh!
But my friends, and you are one if you’ve read this far, don’t worry too much about all that stuff and just call me Lira.
Because if you call me Shirley or Peter, I won’t respond. Because, honestly, I won’t have any idea who you’re talking to.
Sound like you’re cup of tea? You picking up what I’m putting down? Well, fucking Huzzah. Let’s get this (tea) party started. :)
BTW, we can chat on twitter (I’m @LiraRenee) or just give me a shout out on the blog.